Monday, May 9, 2016

Witches, Witches, and more Witches

Witches, Witches, and more Witches

            This week I chose to read a short story about a retelling of the classic tale of Cinderella with a twist. The twist being she has magic. No fairy godmother, just a tree, a bird, and Cinderella herself. I thought it was quite interesting that instead of the girl kind of relaying on others to get to her prince, she mostly got it done by herself, with the uses of her spells. 
            In class we watched Kiki delivery service, I movie I have watch multiply times and love more each time I view it. Thought she is a witch, the movie still has her going through things we can all understand. Fitting in, finding your place in the world, and gaining confidence in yourself to be whoever you want to be. Which to me is a great way to get your audience to connect to a character even though you don’t have powers.
            Another movie I saw was Suspiria. It was my first time watching it and it was very interesting type of witch movies. I didn’t really know it was a movie about witches until the last act of the movie. You assume something bad is happening in the school, but if I wasn’t told this movie was about witches then it would have taken me by surprise to find out that the headmaster and the other teachers were all witches. Very nicely done movies in terms of visually and in story as well. I find it nothing more evil than a teacher taking advantage of their students.


No comments:

Post a Comment